If you are facing criminal charges, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your constitutional rights. The criminal justice system can be frightening, with its own set of rules and a language that can be difficult to understand. From arraignment to appeal, from plea bargain to trial, you want an attorney who knows the law and process, one who has successfully protected the rights of other criminal defendants.
At the office of Kohn & Smith, our lawyers have more than 40 years of combined criminal defense experience. We take an aggressive approach, working hard to protect the rights of people facing prosecution in the state and federal courts in Wisconsin. Attorneys Steven Kohn and Jonathan Smith have both been named in the top 5 percent of criminal defense attorneys in the state.
To set up a meeting, contact us by e-mail or call our office at 414-273-0203.
Our Criminal Defense Law Practice
We provide comprehensive and experienced counsel to people charged with misdemeanors or felonies, including:
- Federal crimes. We defend people charged with crimes in the federal courts, including fraud, narcotics offenses and computer crimes.
- Sex crimes. We protect the rights of people charged with any type of sex-related offense, from prostitution and solicitation to rape, sexual assault, molestation, child pornography and public lewdness.
- Juvenile crimes. We represent minors who have been charged with violating the law, handling alcohol-related offenses, drug crimes, destruction of property and the so-called "status" offenses such as truancy.
- Internet crimes. We defend people charged with using the Internet for illegal activity, including Internet fraud, identity theft, solicitation of minors for sexual purposes, and possession or dissemination of child pornography.
- White collar crimes. We handle white collar crimes such as fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, bribery, forgery and identity theft.
Contact Our Office
At Kohn & Smith, we offer experience and proven success at competitive rates. To schedule a confidential consultation, contact our office online or call us at 414-273-0203 to set up a meeting.